Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Scattered, smothered and covered.

As I sit at my desk this morning, preparing to study Gods word and pray, so many thoughts are running through my mind.  So many feelings overwhelm me.  My thoughts are scattered.  

The other day, I was taken back in conversation with a friend, to last year when we were trying so hard to get approvals and clearances, and so many obstacles stood in our way.  I was thinking back to the day I sat and wrote down "my plan" for how we could raise the over $20,000 we needed to finish our adoption process and travel.  I was thinking back to the moment we knew that Fisher was our son.  I was thinking back to the first time I was able to "check mark" something on our adoption timeline.  It is surreal, as I sit here typing thinking that in just 24 hours we will board a plane and be on our way to China!  

I am definitely apprehensive about the flight.  I used to fly all the time back when I worked for Southwest, but international flights are different, and this world is different than 15 years ago!  I am so excited and cannot wait to hold my sweet boy and tell him that he has a family now...forever.  I am worried that he will not feel comfortable with us, and he will want to go back to what he knows, what is comfortable.  I am sad for the many, many children I know we will meet that are still orphans, and do not have a family.  I am happy that our children are going to be with us on this journey and will get to see and do so many neat things.  I am worried that I have forgotten to pack something that we need...it's not like I can just run to walmart!  I am thankful that The Lord has given us so many sweet friends and family who have supported us through this process, mentally, physically, and spiritually.  Scattered.

I was texting with a friend yesterday, a sweet fellow adoptive mom who has been so sweet and giving of her time and her talents to help us and encourage us.  We were talking about our flight plans and our lay overs and how coming home we have a very short layover in Detroit, really too short, because we will be doing some of Fishers paperwork for citizenship when we get there.  We may miss our connection to get home.  My friend said that we were smothered and covered in prayer and would be just fine.  She is right!  THAT has blessed us more than all the fundraising...the people who have truly prayed for us during this time, and who are continuing to pray for us.  Never before have we had a time when we can remember having friends who said they were going to pray for us, and we knew they would!  I know that I know that I know, that our praying friends have been lifting us up to The One who is I AM, The One who is able to do all things.  We have felt all of your prayers!  

So although our thoughts and feelings right now are SCATTERED, we know that we are SMOTHERED AND COVERED in prayer, and our Lord Jesus Christ is walking with us every step of the way...and so are our sweet friends and family.  

We hope you all will follow along with us on our journey to China.  We will be updating the blog and may even create a private Facebook page as well, so let us know if you want to be added to that group.

Colossians 1:9-14 "And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."


Fisher, here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment