Consulate appointment a success! Now, hopefully Fishers visa will be ready tomorrow at 400pm China time. It was a lot more emotional than I expected. It is very short and sweet. We went through security, checked in, said an oath, they checked our paperwork, took my fingerprints and we were done. But as I stood there, the enormity of it all started to hit me. We are preparing to bring our son home from China! I guess it's one thing to be here with him, in his country, away from our usual surrounding, but taking him home where we will all be together forever, and be able to live our lives and bring him up in the fear and admonition of The Lord...that is amazing! It all hit me while I was standing there, watching the consulate officer flip through checking our paperwork and signing his authorization. Its real. He never has to be without a family again.
We were looking through a photo album we made for Fisher before we came to China. He was flipping through and naming everyone, "there the Mama, there the Baba, there the Gege, there the Jiejie, there the Meimei. Where the Fisher?" It was hard for me to explain to him that those pictures were taken before we came to get him. I did try to explain the way pictures are printed and that we would print one with him in it and put it in the album. Sterling and Cutter were sitting nearby and We were talking about how we had been with Fisher for a week already. Cutter said, "it seems like a lot longer than that!" I know! It seems like he has always been with us. How can that be?
Later Cutter and Fisher were playing sword fighting with wooden toy swords we got at Shaiman Island. Cutter accidentally hit Fisher a little to hard on the hand and Fisher got upset. Now, when .fisher gets upset, you know it! He has a VERY loud cry. It is earthshaking. So we were comforting Fisher when I noticed that Cutter was holding back tears himself. He was heartbroken that he had hurt his little brother. He loves him so much already. I can see it in the way he talks to him and hugs him and kisses him. It is something to behold. Oh the love the Father must have for us, His children! I can only imagine.
Only one more full day in China. We are planning to go back to our favorite Thai restaurant tonight, and maybe I can talk Greg into going back to Shaiman Island in the morning ;). Then packing, packing and more packing! We leave so early Friday morning I can't even type it. We are trying to soak in the last few hours of China, with it's sights and sounds and smells 😳, but already dreaming about our house in the small town of Springville, our family, our friends, and our yard, and our dogs and all of the beauty that The Lord has blessed us with at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment