I'm not sure but I think the term is paper pregnant? Yes, we are. Today, we sent in our application to adopt a special needs child from China. It is so exciting and scary and wonderful all at the same time! I know its going to be challenging. I know that I cannot handle anymore children. I know
that I don't have the patience for them. I know that I already "have my
hands full". I know that the adoption process is long and frustrating. I
know that there will be issues with attachment. I know that it will be
ridiculously expensive. I know that a special needs child will take up alot of my time and energy. I know that I don't know anything about special needs. I know we are taking a big chance. I know that on our own we will fail miserably.
But...
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
"...he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. " 2 Cor 12:9
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
And so...we press on.
Woohoo!!! Praying for yall already! This is such a beautiful journey to experience the sustaining power of the Lord.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful journey of love and growth you are about to begin! Our prayers are with you and Greg.
ReplyDeleteBecky Goforth
:)
ReplyDeleteSo exciting.
Fara