Fast forward to the end of 2010. Sterling (my first born) had just
started kindergarten. I had been so looking forward to having this time
to myself. I had placed both of my children in Mothers Day out
programs and preschool as soon as I could get them in. I could never get anything
done around the house with them home! Of course, when they were gone it
seems like all I ever did was go shopping and plan trips to Disney
World. Then the Lord showed me that THEY were what He gave me time for in the first place; that they were my job. He started to work on my heart to draw me toward my children. So when Sterling started kindergarten I missed her. I realized that I was missing out on precious
time with her and Cutter. And I also realized that they was missing out the most
important kind of learning at all. We were relying on the church to
teach our children about God. It was time we stepped up and did it
ourselves.
I approached Greg with the possibility of
homeschooling our children. He was reserved and very concerned for me.
He honestly didnt think I had the patience and didnt think I would
enjoy it. When I told some friends I got mixed responses. I didnt
realize it was such a sensitive subject. Some where like, "you are going to do what?" But after prayer and consideration I decided to go for it. To my utter shock and surprise...I LOVED it! Homeschooling has been one of the biggest blessings our family has experienced. Now, dont get me wrong, some days its HARD. But the Lord pulls me through and gives me wonderful days to balance it out. It is not something I could ever do on my own, but only through Christ who gives me strength. It fulfills me more that I could ever have imagined.
No comments:
Post a Comment