The pregnancy was the easiest one so far. I was so afraid because I had turned 40. I just knew I was going to have alot of trouble and of course you know what the statistics say about having a baby after 40. But here I was, 38 weeks pregnant, 40 years old. Only one week away from a scheduled C-section. We were having birthday dinner for my daughter when guess what? Yep. Water broke. Right after the cupcake! So off to the hospital we went and wait wait wait. Since I ate dinner we had to wait until the next morning for the surgery. We prayed and prayed. We prayed for me, for the doctor, for the baby, for everyone. And she came and it was the easiest one yet. We even got out of the hospital a day early! That is virtually unheard of for a C-section. But Jehovah Rapha, the Lord my healer was handling it all. Why did we doubt Him? Why did I ever try to decide on my own how many children I wanted? This child, is so agreeable. When I look at her I cannot believe I almost missed having her. It grieves my heart. I only wish I had realized years ago what a blessing we have in children. I would have a house full! A quiver full!
"Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth.
5Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their opponents in court."
Psalm 127:3-6
No comments:
Post a Comment