Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Little Testimony

Well its been a little over a year since my first post.  Ha ha.  So much for me becoming a blogger!  We are filling out an application for international adoption, (yea you read that right) and it requires me to include my personal testimony.  I am pretty sure I have written it down before, but I dont know where or what it was for.  Anyway, so I had to write my testimony this morning to include with the application.  So it got me thinking about this blog and about God's work in my life.  So I think I will catch up a little first and write a sort of "testimony" of how I got to be where I am today.

I was raised by a single mom, who worked a full time job to provide for us.  She worked extra hard so she could send me to Catholic school, which she felt would teach me what I needed to know about God.  Now, I can tell you this, I learned alot about God, but I did not KNOW God. 

For years and years I was empty and I tried to fill the emptiness with many things: relationships, food, alcohol, work etc.  But finally after years of failed relationships and heartache, I married Greg.  Even this relationship had the makings of a failure until things changed.  We had our first child, and felt like we needed to start going to church.  Isnt that what all "old" people do?  So we did.  But something happened. 

Thought I didnt know it at the time, the Holy Spirit started working on me, convicting me of my sin and drawing me to God.  I became broken over my sin and realized how foolish I had been and how many people I had hurt.  I confessed my sin to God, repented of my sin, and trusted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.  After all those years, I was saved.  Immediately, I began to change.  I no longer desired the life I was living and the things I use to desire.  I began to desire to serve God and to help others.  I began serving at church, joined a ladies Bible study, and began praying and studying the Bible on my own.

I began to see the Lord working all around me, in my life and in the lives of friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment