Thursday, June 6, 2013

And the news is good

Oh praise the Lord!  We finally got a phone call with some good news!  Yesterday morning as Greg was getting dressed for work, the phone rang.  It was our agency.  Our social worked said, "Gia, its Anna, and I have Mallory and Karla in here with me."  I. Started. Bawling.

I just knew somehow the stress was finally going to be lifted.  Finally, we were really going to be able to start calling him ours.  Through all of this database chaos and delay, they finally gave Lifeline the official notice that they had given the file back to them exclusively.  What this means in "non adoptive people language" is that we can't lose him again!  He is with our agency again, and he is on hold for our family.  Our social worker has everything she needs to submit the paperwork to China saying we want to adopt him. (She has had it since May 5 when we were ready to submit it and lost him).  They still dont know how long it will take to submit our Letter of intent, because of the trouble with the database.  Our agency was not able to send anything to China yesterday because the database was still not functioning properly.  But from what they said, it is only a matter of time before we can officially introduce our new son!  I cried tears of relief, tears of joy, tears of thankfulness, tears of humility, tears of praise.  I honestly didnt think I could feel this way about a child I did not birth.  But let me tell you, I DO.  He is our son.  He belongs with us.

Our pastor has seen him in person.  He said, "I have never seen a Chinese kid before like him.  When you look at him you think, this kid needs a cowboy hat, cowboy boots and a tractor!"  Now, tell me, he isn't ours!  I can't wait to find out what size clothes he wears, what he likes to play, what songs he likes, what color he likes, what foods he likes, what is his favorite story.

And best of all today, more good news...the trouble with the database is finally improving.  Our agency was able to submit some paperwork for another family successfully.  That means ours should be going through soon.  So stay tuned... 

No comments:

Post a Comment