Wednesday, March 27, 2013

He will complete it

Well I told you when I started this blog I wasn't a good writer.  Are you bored to tears already?  We got the call today, we have our first home study visit next Thursday.  I thought I would be worried about it, but I am not.  I have peace that we are walking in the Lord's will.  He will take care of it.

We have been looking at one little boy in particular over the past week or so.  I had read blogs of some other women who had written how they just "knew" when they saw their adopted childs picture that they were theirs!  So I kindof thought that was how it would be for us too.  But its not.  Not so far.  So I pray about it every day for the Lord to reveal to us who our child(ren) will be.  To let us see their faces and just know, that they belong with us.  But in prayer time recently God showed me something.  I finished reading the book Slave by John MacArthur.  Its a great book.  It talks about our adoption in Christ.

But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
Galatians 4:4-6

This verse talks about us being adopted into Gods family at salvation.  When adopting children, the parents are the ones who do all the work...choosing, paying, sacrificing. Just like when we were adopted into God's family, it was all God's doing, He did all the work.  He chose us, he paid the price for us, he suffered for us.  He started it and He finished it.

 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.  Philippians 1:6

I can for sure say that the Lord is the one who placed this desire for adoption in our hearts.  He is the One who has chosen this road for us.  He is going to provide.  He already is providing financially in ways that are so amazing.  So what He showed me was that if He is the One who BEGAN this work, HE WILL FINISH IT.  No matter what child we choose, He will fill us with the love we need for that child.  You see God has begun this adoption in our hearts, and He will complete it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment