Wednesday, March 6, 2013

From the mouth of babes...

Our daughter Sterling is amazing!  I just can't wait to share what she has done.  I have been praying and preparing to begin sharing our decision to adopt and there are a few people that I have been apprehensive about telling.  I get all of my stuff ready to say, like I have lots and lots of scripture I can show you where God speaks rather candidly about how He feels about orphans, and how sure I am that we are called to help them.  I can also explain to you, and show you in scripture how I myself was an orphan until in His infinite wisdom and kindness, the Lord made me His child through adoption.  And I can even just tell you how I feel about it myself.  But she showed me today that simple is best and she said it best.  She wrote this poem and I realized I just cant put it much better than this.  From the mouth of babes...

"Are children in China are wating"  
by Sterling Anne Wanninger

Do you want to help a orphen live its life or are you gowing to let it perish.
I promus it will chang your life and the orphens life to.
A child with no famely, to a child with a famely.
A broken heart, to a holl heart.
2 lifes changd.
Yours and the orphens.
If your scerd give your worys to God.
If your uncumpertebl (uncomfortable), tell it to God
He is allwas there for you.

I am so thankful to God for giving me a child that has such a caring and compassionate heart.  She is wise beyond her age to be able to see what so many miss.  I am amazed by what the Lord is already doing in our family on this journey.  He is providing in so many ways, many that are unexpected!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment