Monday, March 11, 2013

All Things Are Possible

We have received a welcome call and our adoption manual from the adoption agency.  We are on our way!  You should see this manual!  It is HUGE.  It seems overwhelming.  I know now why it takes so long to adopt.  It's going to take us a year just to fill out the paperwork!  I also found out a few days ago that we could begin to look at waiting children.  I had thought that we had to wait until we were matched with a child randomly after we progressed to a certain point in the adoption process.  This is wonderful news...but bittersweet.  I must tell you about Leila.

We have been following a foster home in South China where a few friends have adopted children.  The children are all special needs and most of them severe.  I think it will put a link to their site on here soon so you too can follow their ministry.  It's amazing to see the transformations in these children!  So there is a little girl who is there who reminds me so much of Trinity and she also has my late grandmothers birthday.  I felt drawn to this child from the moment I saw her...but...she is very sick.  She has heart problems and has developed complications and infections after her surgeries.  I pray for her daily.  Her diagnosis from the doctors is not good.  But I will just say that I serve a God who is mighty and able to ..."do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us".  Ephesians 3:20.  I know all things are possible and I will continue to pray according to His will.

In the meantime, we are looking at all the precious children who are waiting, and have seen a couple already who are tugging at our hearts.  Please pray that the Lord will lead us to the one(s) HE has for us.

Have you considered adoption?  If the Lord has not called you to adopt, please consider helping those who are.  Not all are called to adopt, but every Christian is called to rescue orphans.  Anyone can help rescue orphans by helping families they already know, who need assistance to adopt.  That being said, we introduce our first adoption fundraiser.  LUXURY SHEETS!

Thank you for reading!  Stay tuned!

I will share our theme verse with you again,.  It is becoming more precious to me day by day.

11 “And the Lord will continually guide you,
And satisfy your desire in scorched places,
And give strength to your bones;
And you will be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."

Isaiah 58:11


***UPDATE

We have some good news...God is working!


I messaged the foster home where Leila is to see how she was doing and here is what they said :). 

"Keep praying! Yes, we have finally gotten a good report! She no longer needs tubes to drain her lungs and also the bacteria spot on her heart is shrinking even after they stopped treatment! Pray that she continues to not need the drainage tubes and that the spot continues to get smaller. God is indeed working on behalf of this little one. Thanks so much for lifting her up!"

We are exstatic about this!  Thank you for praying for Leila.  Please don't stop.

1 comment: