"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5:17
Friday, April 5, 2013
Reviewing our past...
Yesterday, we had our first home study visit. We didn't really know what to expect, which was what made it scary I guess. But our social workers are very nice and easy to talk to. They really tried to make us feel comfortable and lead us in a gentle way. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. We answered some questions, most of which we had already answered in our application and other paperwork. The questions are personal, and they definitely cause you to consider your relationships. I think the main thing I came out of the visit with is this: our lives are so much better since we decided to follow God's way. We were asked to talk a little about our life, our marriage, before Christ. Sometimes, I guess I feel like I have always followed the Lord. I mean, I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school and went to mass on and off my whole life (mostly for holidays). But there is a difference. So why is everything so different now? When we first got married, neither of us were saved. No matter what anyone says, its true, according to what scripture describes as salvation. Before we were saved and submitted our lives to Christ, it was me, me, me. How could I please me? In work, at home, we both looked constantly for ways to please ourselves and felt that we deserved to be treated a certain way, or we worked hard and deserved certain indulgences and comforts. Over the past 10 years the Lord has changed us tremendously. But we are still sinners, the only difference is Christ in us. He is the only thing good in us. His Spirit inside of us, allows us to follow the guidelines in the Bible regarding marriage and child rearing. That has made all the difference in the world. God made us. Why do we think we know better? We should obey Him, not simply because He made the rules, but because He made US. If you want to know how to fix something that is broken, who is the best one to ask? The person who made the thing that is broken. We should obey God and follow His rules because He knows us so well and He knows what will produce the best outcome for our lives. If only we had realized this earlier in life. But praise God we did and Lord willing have many years to enjoy the fruits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment