I look back now and remember people probably thought we were crazy in this picture.
We already had three children, one who was only 6 months old...and we wanted to adopt two little ones from China? Do you remember? When we started the adoption process over two years ago, we applied to adopt TWO children. In fact, if you look at this picture, the frames that we are holding say "already in our hearts, someday in our arms", with the Chinese symbols for "little brother" and "little sister". We already had the names picked out: Fisher and Journey. But...right in the middle of the adoption we started in 2013, our agency changed their procedures for adopting two children. At the time, we were already matched with Fisher, so our choice was this: make Fisher wait a lot longer than necessary, or only adopt one this time. So of course, we decided to go ahead with our adoption of Fisher and wait on a little girl.
Again, we were very confused. We just knew that the Lord wanted us to adopt two children at the same time...but did He? Well now it makes a lot more sense. He did have two children on our hearts. He did have a little brother and a little sister planned for this family. It was just going to take a little while for us to see how His plan would actually unfold.
And I look back at how little Trinity was in this picture, and I remember I worried a lot about her missing out on attention after Fisher would come home. Not just attention, I worried a lot about how it would affect her in general.
...I wonder WHAT IN THE WORLD WOULD SHE DO WITHOUT FISHER??? They are BFFs for sure! What in the world would any of us do without Fisher?
These two have made the best big brother and sister anyone could ask for...and I know that the Lord will use them to give such love to Journey...for however long that may be. And I worry about Journey. What if her heart can't be repaired? What if she only lives to be 5 or 6 or 7 years old? But really, we aren't guaranteed any certain number of years with any of our children, are we? Each day is a gift. Each child a reward, a blessing. Oh, how can the Lord trust us enough to give us two more children? How can He trust us enough to give us another child with a heart condition? How can He trust us enough to give us more children at our age? The hard cold fact is this: He doesn't. But he does trust in His Son, Jesus Christ, and so do we. We put all our trust in Jesus Christ and in what He has done. We can do all things through Him who gives us strength.
So it is with excitement, and joy and great pleasure (and just a bit of scared out of our pants) that we present Journey Mei Wanninger.





Everytime I read one of your updates, I just get cold chills! You guys are so amazing and have so much love in your hearts! These children are so lucky that you are bringing them to their new forever home.
ReplyDeleteI love too that your naturally born children have taken in their adopted brother, Fisher, as though he'd been there all along.
Godly parents raise Godly children and yes you've done that, and done it well! Looking forward to the next steps of your Beautiful Journey and the day you bring Miss Journey Mei home!
Much love
Debbie
I'm so happy to learn of "Ruby's" new family! I visited with her in May when my organization (Little Hearts Medical) was in China. Many congratulations on your lovely new daughter! I have several photos of her, so please feel free to email me and I'd be happy to send them to you! aolson@littleheartsmedical.org
ReplyDeleteHooray and Praise God. Ruby/Journey is a child I pray for, it's such a joy to know that she is being pursued, that she will become a daughter and a sister in a family. Congratulations, I'll be praying for expedite.
ReplyDelete