Since I had Trinity, it seems more and more people are telling me, "you've got your hands full!" It used to really irritate me, because I felt like it was an affront to my parenting, you know, that it implied that I was failing, dropping things, not "in control". My pride didn't like that. We want to look like we have it all together, right? Well it happened again yesterday. I was talking to my neighbor who is going through a rough time and when I offered my help she said, "oh don't worry about us, you've got your hands full!" Well I didn't stew about it long, but I was thinking about it this morning and wondering what I could say to people from now on when they say that... you know, I wanted a "comeback"!
Well, this morning The Lord turned my thoughts toward Him and showed me, yet again, that it's not about me. I have been studying Psalm 98 for the past few weeks. In our homeschool we study a set of certain Bible verses for several weeks at a time, studying them, reciting them, memorizing them, writing them, and singing them. We are hiding His word in our hearts! So I have tried to study whatever Bible verse we are learning myself as well, in order to help me better be able to lead the kids in their studies...but it's really helped me too! Remember Psalm 34 and all that The Lord taught me, and how He used it to inspire the Red Envelope fundraiser? So now we are learning Psalm 98:1-5. Pondering upon these verses this morning, and about the comment from my neighbor, The Lord gently guided me to the second part of verse 1:
"...His right hand and His holy arm have gained the victory for Him."
Ahhh...Lord I see! I get it! My hands are full...and for a reason...so that I will only rely on YOU, on Your hands. I cannot look to or depend upon my own hands to accomplish anything because they are full...but what about HIS hands? Let's see what He tells me about His hands.
His hands are full of power.
His hands provide protection.
His hands represent His presence.
His hands are victorious.
His hands defeat enemies.
His hands do mighty works.
His hands bring judgement.
His hands created the world.
His hands hold the world.
His hands feed His creatures.
His hands redeem.
His hands ensure success.
His hands are invincible.
His hands inspired the prophets.
His hands fulfill His purposes.
His hands must be recognized and acknowledged.
His hands require submission.
So since my hands are full...I will rely on HIS hands...and I won't be so irritated now when people tell me that they are full. I will just say, "yes, they are" and smile.
(All of the above statements about Gods hands have Bible references which I will be glad to provide to anyone who is interested. I was able to study these by using the "Bible Themes" section of my Bible Gateway app. Pretty cool app!)
When people used to say that to me I would say, "Yes, they are and if I'm going to have my hands full of something, I want it to be children." Wendy C
ReplyDeleteThat's a good one, Wendy! Might have to use that one too!
DeleteI love you, Gia! Well said!!!!!!
ReplyDelete