I mean if I were you, I would be thinking, "they are holding out so all of the envelopes will get sponsored". But on 1/23/14 before we started the Red Envelopes for Fisher fundraiser, The Lord led me to a special number through a group of Bible verses we have been memorizing in our homeschool. I wrote the number down that day in my prayer journal, and knew it would be the special winning envelope number.
You see, I never even thought that if the winning gift card had been sponsored early on, interest may have waned. The Lord is working in so many ways, we are constantly amazed. In every prayer, in every conversation, in every sponsor, He is working. We still need about $15,000 to have all of our funds ready to travel to China to get Fisher. We have about 8 weeks to save and raise that. It is ALL in The Lords plan. His timing is perfect! Would you believe that this is Greg's busiest time of year? (And he works on commission). The Lord knew all of that, in every delay we didn't understand.
There are only 7 envelopes left in our fundraiser! Can you believe that? Praise The Lord! One of those last 7 envelopes has the $50 gift card in it.
The scriptures hold such treasure in them. If you search them you will find life. If you will search them you will find something far more valuable than money or a gift card. And if you search them, you might even figure out the winning envelope number. I did.
Proverbs 2:4 ESV
If you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
Matthew 13:44 ESV
“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
Psalm 34:1-5 ESV
I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together! I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.
Seek The Lord while He may be found! Search the Holy Scripture...find treasure!
No comments:
Post a Comment