Yesterday we had a snow storm here where we live. I found myself hoping it would keep snowing at first, then wishing it would stop. We began to hear of friends who were stranded, wrecks everywhere, parents not being able to reach their children! It quickly became a civil emergency. Although we did what we could, I found myself really feeling guilty and wishing we could do more, to help those who were struggling. So I began to pray, and as I did I realized that what I was doing WAS helping. Prayer is speaking to the King of kings and Lord of lords! I am presenting requests to Him and He hears me! So pray I did, and have continued to pray, pray for those who are still in their cars, not home, not with their families, have no family, those who are sick and need medical attention but can't get it because of the road conditions. I began to hear stories of people helping each other, businesses stepping up to lend a hand, or opening their doors for shelter. That is God's hand at work, praise Him!
Keep up the good work everyone! To God be the glory!
I am praying, and God is listening. Won't you pray too?
By the way, we are still planning to reveal our big news this week, but let's wait until winter gridlock is over, shall we? ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment