So Its been a long time since I posted, I know, but who is keeping track? Lots has been happening and I really cant remember what I have written about and what I have forgotten. We just finished a great training class this past weekend for adoptive couples. It taught us alot about medical special needs, attachment, and sensory issues...lots of stuff to process. We met some really neat couples and its great to talk to others who are going through the process.
We have officially finished our home study and have sent in our application for immigration approval (IA). We have to have fingerprints done...again...this time biometric, whatever that means. I think its done by a computer. We are currently working on putting our dossier together which is the official application for adoption that will go to the CCCWA in China. (Their childrens welfare agency that handles all foreign adoptions.) It is supposed to take 2-3 months for our IA to come back and once it does, we can send our dossier. Then we begin the hardest wait of all...LOA. That is our Letter of Approval to adopt Fisher.
In the meantime, we are inquiring about another little girl who stole our hearts last year. We do not know even if her paperwork is started so it is a long shot. We are leaving that up to the Lord.
We sent Fisher his first care package. I am so ashamed of myself for not taking a picture of it! We included an outfit, a pair of shoes, a coloring book, a book and a pillow pet. We also included a photo album that had pictures of us, our house and our pets so that he can start to become accustomed to our faces. We have a possible opportunity to Skype with him in a couple of weeks! I cant wait to post about that. Can you imagine?
Oh I pray this is how he looks when he opens our package!
So that is packages...what about taxes? Well...I have been working on getting approved by a really neat organization that handles donations for adoptive families. It is a very discriminating program, and I couldnt even apply until our homestudy was done. But we have applied, and been approved! So now, people can make donations toward our adoption, and receive a tax deduction! Isnt that great? The button should be on the right side of every page of the blog. I cant figure out how to place it here, or I would.
When you get there, it has a little about our story and how much we need to finish the adoption. We have already paid over $7000. We need $2776 + $800 to submit our dossier in a few weeks. I have a ladies event tomorrow night where I am selling sheets, and then again on the 24th at Springfest, we will have a booth selling sheets. They have been by far, our most successful fundraiser. But dont worry, we have other things planned as well over the next few months. The next thing down the pipe is a surprise! We will announce it soon!
Love you all!
Gia


No comments:
Post a Comment