Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Don't Start Doubting Now!

Just this past weekend we ate BBQ with 150 of our closest friends and raised $5000 toward bringing Journey home.  It was such fun!  We really wish we could do it again!  (Not to make money, but just to fellowship with friends). I didn't take ONE picture!  I heard some dear friends did, though, and I can't wait to see them.  The lights really made the difference in the decorations, and our live music was over the top!  This is the best I have for the time being.


We have all been recovering after such a full weekend...lots of nothing planned for this week except for school and house cleaning.  It's really weird not having any BBQ planning to do, and honestly it's a little bit too quiet around here lol.  We are beyond thankful for the money that was raised.  And even more so thankful for the chance to visit with so many special friends and tell them all about Journey and what the Lord is doing in our lives. I wish I could say that we were done fundraising and ready to start packing...but we still have a little ways to go.  

We sat down after the BBQ to see just where we stood.  Looks like we still need around $13000 to completely fund and complete our adoption of Journey and to bring her home.  To be completely honest it was a bit like throwing cold water in my face.  Don't get me wrong.  That $5000 made a HUGE difference!  We are that much closer and oh what a good feeling that is!  But the enemy wanted me to focus on what we don't have yet...he wanted me to doubt in the aftermath of just being insanely blessed by the Lord at the BBQ. I just keep saying "Lord, I trust You.  You called us to this.  I know You will provide."  And no sooner do I get it out of my mouth, does $20 come in the mail.  Then another $60, then $500!  They were donations from relatives and friends who couldn't make it to the BBQ.  Oh I'm so unworthy!  How is it that The Lord cares for a sinner like me?  

It's not over...and oh I can't wait to see what He is going to do next!  Journey, it won't be much longer sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment